I'm still jobless. I'm waiting to hear about two jobs, but I'm also putting out feelers to new possibilities and hopefully it won't be too much longer before I get work. Have had enough of being a lady of leisure now, it gets boring after a while. Have joined a women's marketing association which may prove useful.
Blake's going well at work. His travels start this week when he's off to the Phillipines for a few days, and next week he goes to India.
Blake's getting right into the culture here and has developed a new passion for amateur dramatics. This month his drama group is putting on a production that Blake has scored the lead role in...

Meanwhile, I have developed a passion for online Sudoku. Blake loves it cause it means he can watch hours of sport without me complaining (which is fortunate since he sneaked a subscription to the cricket channel, the only sport I loathe).
Last weekend we went with one of Blake's workmates to the Hollandse Club. They have a lot of 'clubs' here where there are restaurants, bars, spas, pools, gyms, tennis courts, conference facilities, bowling alleys etc. The expats love em and spend a lot of their weekends there. You have to join which is not cheap (we went as guests) but they seem to be all the rage (especially for families), and it was a nice way to spend the afternoon - swimming (doing back-flops off the diving board- Blake), eating, drinking.
No comments:
Post a Comment