Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Absolutely, positively...

Hmmm, what's this?
Positive!

Oh my lord, are my drinking days over?


And if that hasn't made it clear enough, I'm three-months pregnant!! (Yes we've been saving those photos from day one!)

We've reached the magic mark where they give you the all clear to trumpet your news from the rooftops, and we're stoked to be able to tell everyone. It's been really hard keeping the news to ourselves, and we probably wouldn't have been able to if we were in NZ still. (The sight of me drinking non-alcoholic drinks would have given the game away in seconds).

I have been really lucky so far, with no sickness or nausea and no loss of appetite - I was getting some queasiness a few weeks ago but that's all stopped. I have had some full on tiredness and headaches from time to time though. Other than that my symptoms have been really mild, though my feet do BURN at night.

I have replaced my flat, toned abs with a rounded stomach that really sticks out after a meal. I don't look so much pregnant as like i've been eating all the pies. I'll post some photos once there's really something to look at.

We planned to have the baby in Singapore as the healthcare system here is world-class and the timing is good for us in the scheme of things - apparently lots of expats have kids here too. We're looking forward to meeting some of those pregnant expats when we start ante-natal classes.

Boy aren't we getting grown up!

1 comment:

Dave&Bev said...

Congratulations twice one for the baby news and the other on getting married.We will now look forward to March to see you all.We are all fine here in NZ.
Love from Bev,Dave&family.