Sunday, June 17, 2007

China, Japan, Korea and India!

Its been a little while since we last made a posting mainly because we've both been very busy. Adrianne has been working very hard in her new job and i've been getting around Asia meeting colleagues and customers.

My travelling started with night in Tokyo, which was not too easy given that I had a pretty severe gastro issue that had seen me visit the hospital over the weekend. However if you are going to have exit door issues i'd suggest that you make a trip to Japan. The toilets in Japan are fantastic, all have warm water bidets built in and pretty much saved my life.


After Japan I spent a couple of days in South Korea, visiting growers, distributors and having a great Korean barbeque with our local team.






From Korea I flew to China and had a weekend as a tourist. I had a look around the Ming tombs, Forbidden City, Tianemen Square etc. But the highlight would have to be the Great Wall, which was great. Its an incredible structure and as you can see from the pictures the day I went was misty, very Chinesy. The only issue was the few million other snap happy tourists that decided to visit the same day as me. So after a couple of hours smashing my way through tour groups I was ready to go. After Beijing a had a week in Shanghai, where I took no pics but had a good time. Its a great city and that i'll be going back to soon.



I spent last week in Delhi, and had the chance to spend an afternoon travelling around looking at sites. Its a nice spot, but very hot (around what you are having at present Bec). Luckily my stomach had recovered enough to eat every fantastic curry that I could find.





No comments: