Sunday, March 4, 2012

Weekend in Paris

It was a long time coming, but in mid-February I had my first child-free excusion (away for one or more nights) since Flynn was born!
My friend Chantal and I went to Paris for two nights and we had a blast!

In Paris, in taxi on way to hotel - relieved to finally be there as were half expecting someone to get ill or a babysitter to fall through, or the plane to get cancelled!





Making ourselves at home in the hotel





We did lots of eating and drinking in restaurants, cafes, bistros






The weather was bitterly cold. It was between -6 and -10 most of the time. There was a rugby game on with France against Ireland, which was cancelled due to the cold having frozen the ground too solid. But the skies were blue and sunny and it was awesome for short bursts of walking.






I look in pain, because I was - it was freezing and the sun was in my eyes





We didn't do much sightseeing as we'd both done it all on previous trips. We mostly soaked up the atmosphere from cafes and restaurants and did a bit of walking. We did do some shopping in a mall and check out Notre Dame again, which was just as impressive as the first time actually.




It is crazy how they park in Paris! These cars were like this front to back!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Looks like you had a well deserved break. Glad you had such a good time. xx