We stayed right next the ski field in a very basic lodging that was above a cow shed. It smelled strongly of cows, but it was warm and comfy and works well with the kids.
Here we tried to get Benjy enthused about ski school but he was not in the mood. I stayed with him the whole time, but he ended up crying and refusing to do it, so Blake and I took turns pulling him up small hills and letting him ski down - which he loves.
Strained smile
The first day was very poor visibility. I had a go later in the afternoon but it's not much fun skiing in cloud so low you're skiing by feel. The second day was better and we had some beautiful clear spots.
For my birthday present, I got to go on a ski weekend in Grindelwald with my friend Karin, who is Swiss but we met in Singapore. The weather was amazing the first day and appalling the next.
Quick break for a cuppa
The second day it snowed like crazy and people where getting snowed-in all over town. (This is the view from our room window). We stayed right next to the gondola building, a convenience worth its weight in gold. Karin has been on skis since toddlerhood and is a fantastic skier - she gave me lots of pro tips for skiing steeper slopes and was a great skiing companion.
No comments:
Post a Comment